This dreamy PNW elopement styled shoot took place at The Emerald Forest, a stunning intimate wedding venue nestled in the suburbs of Redmond, WA. Amidst the Seattle suburb, this little slice of wild must be seen to be believed. Complete with multiple towers, two levels of “dream” nets, bench swings, a yurt + a stage, the outdoor movie theater is a unique venue all on its own. But it’s the surrounding 5 acres of old-growth, moss-laden forest that make this an otherworldly location.
Along with three local photographers, I planned this shoot to complement the natural beauty of the venue. From the simple, muted bouquet (made by Noctua Florals), gemstone jewelry (Ashley Lynn Jewelry + Twyla Dill Design), + natural-toned table settings to Kayla’s flowy dress (Raw + Golden Rentals) + the macrame ceremony backdrop (Idle Hands Crafting Co), each element was intentional.
As soon as we arrived, I knew this place was unlike anything I’d seen before. The mossy ground seemed to spring under my feet, and the sun filtered in through towering pines. We were abuzz with excitement.
We got to work preparing the models in the property’s yurt. It was my first time in a yurt – and it definitely won’t be the last (stay tuned for tours of my future my yurt in five years). From there, we stepped out into the woods and didn’t stop for two hours. We danced, laughed, explored and laughed some more.
We couldn’t have done it without our amazing team — many of whom walked 10 minutes through muddy forest paths bearing boxes + props to get to the venue. This day will forever stand out in my mind.
- Planner: Megan Stuart (Prudence + Sage) | @prudenceandsage
- Florist: Carmen Winquist (Noctua Florals) | @noctuaflorals
- Dress: Raw + Golden Rentals | @rawgoldenrentals
- MUA: Kenzie Medina | @kenziegmedina
- Ring: Ashley Lynn Jewelry | @ashley_lynn_jewelry
- Earrings: Twyla Dill Design | @twyladilldesign
- Macrame: Idle Hands Crafting Co | @idlehandscraftingco
- Models: Kayla Brooks | @coffeeandfakingit, Jack Weaver | @jack.the.weaver
- Cake: Sydney Miller | @sydmillie_
- Videographer: October Yates | @octoberyates
- Hairstylist: Bride and Jen | @brideandjen
- Invitations: Honest Calligraphy | @honest.calligraphy
Without further ado, here are the images:
Looking to plan your PNW elopement? I’m available for travel across the U.S. and specialize in Pacific Northwest locations. I’d love to help you plan your special day as your photographer, connecting you with the places and vendors that fit your vision. Fill out the inquiry form on my contact page to learn more about my packages.